- 1 package of PASTA TIME Wild Mushroom and Cheese Ravioli
- 1-ounce dried morel mushrooms
- 1 once of chanterelle mushrooms
- 4-5 fresh button mushrooms
- 2 cups chicken stock or broth
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon snipped fresh thyme
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 cup whipping cream or heavy cream
- ¼ cup snipped fresh Italian parsley
- Snipped fresh Italian parsley (optional)
For the dried mushrooms, heat the 3 cups broth or water to simmering. Remove from heat. Add dried mushrooms; let mushrooms stand 20 minutes. Strain mixture through a 100% cotton cheesecloth-lined sieve, reserving 1 cup broth. Rinse mushrooms under warm running water; squeeze out excess moisture. Slice the rehydrated and button mushroom in half lengthwise any of the larger mushrooms; set aside.
Cook Pasta Time Wild Mushroom and Cheese Ravioli per directions on the package
Step 3 For sauce:
In a medium saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter over medium heat. Add shallots. Cook and stir for 3 to 5 minutes or until shallots are tender. Sprinkle flour over shallots; stir to combine. Slowly add reserved 1 cup broth, stirring until smooth. Reduce to low heat. Cook, uncovered, for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and white pepper. Slowly whisk in the whipping cream. Cook, whisking constantly, over medium heat for 7 minutes more or until the mixture thickens. Stir in reserved mushrooms and 1/4 cup parsley. Cook and stir until heated through.
Add pasta to the sauce until it is fully coated . If you like, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and additional parsley.